We’ve heard from both old and young people in our community who have been ripped off by shady shops. We don’t want this to happen to anyone! Which is why we’re offering 5 tips to avoid auto repair scams.
- If you don’t understand, ask questions.Qualified and ethical shops, like ours, want you to understand the condition of your vehicle so you can make educated decisions. The advisors should answer any and all of your questions in a clear way you can understand – no technical mumbo jumbo.
- Avoid cheap parts.Our shop recommends parts based on original manufacturer specifications. Cutting corners with “cheap” parts may save a few dollars now, but can lead to damage, breakdowns, and more repairs over the life of your vehicle.
- Look for experienced technicians.Cheap prices usually mean cheap parts, cheap labor, or both. Inexperienced technicians do not have as much training and may miss the critical warning signs in your vehicle. Trust an experienced, certified technician, like the ASE-Certified technicians at our shop.
- Ask about the warranty.Should something go wrong, will they stand behind their work? Beware of fine print! Our shop offers a 2 year, 24,000 mile warranty that covers the entire repair.
- When in doubt, call us: 620.654.3445. The experienced team at Nightingale Transmissions are always available and willing to help.
At our Galva transmission shop, our team of experienced technicians treats every one of our customers like family. That means honest advice – the same advice we would give to our mothers. With years of experience, up-to-date training, and a commitment to ethics, our team is here to help you take care of your vehicle.
Whether you need a transmission service, rebuild, repair, or inspection, Nightingale Transmissions strives to put your needs first! Avoid auto and transmission repair scams by taking your vehicle to an honest, ethical, reliable shop like ours. Request an appointment online.