Road trip with friends? Weekend at the lake? No matter what your plans are this summer, it’s likely that you’ll spend a lot of it in your vehicle driving from all over Kansas and beyond. In addition to your regular year-around car safety must-haves in your car, below is a list of other helpful items every summertime road warrior should find handy.
- Spare sunglasses – It’s hard enough to focus on the road during long road trips, but when the blinding sun bears down on your all day through your windows, it can become miserable. Keep a backup pair of sunglasses in your glove box, preferably polarized to help reduce glare.
- Quarters – Always keep a roll of quarters in your glove box for unexpected tolls, ice cream stops, and parking meters. You never know when you may need some change, and it’s not always easy to find.
- Hand wipes – Whether you’re cleaning up germs, ice cream messes, or sticky children, having wipes handy is always a blessing.
- Sunscreen and lip balm – One thing you never want to be without during sunny summer days is sunscreen. Keeping spare sunscreen and lip balm with SPF in them in your car will prevent you from having to stop at the gas station and pay an arm and a leg for them. Furthermore, be sure to put some on before getting in the car and starting that long road trip as UV rays are powerful enough to do damage through the car windows.
- Headlamp – While flashlights always come in handy, a headlamp can be especially useful during the summer months. For activities such as camping or adventuring, a headlamp can be invaluable when you would like your hands kept free to explore.
- Multi-purpose tool – You’ve parked your car and are ready to settle down with a drink only to realize you forgot your bottle opener. With a multi-purpose tool in the glove box, you have on hand a bottle opener, corkscrew, scissors, nail file, and toothpick.
- Bug spray – Don’t become a feast for mosquitos when traveling during blistering summer months, especially near standing water and in the woods.
- Spare toothbrush and toothpaste – Whether you leave your toothbrush in a motel room or just need to feel fresh without having to dig through your suitcases, a spare toothbrush and toothpaste can always come in handy.
We love hearing about the work and fun adventures of our customers. Stop by Nightingale Transmission to let us know what is going on in your lives, and how we might be able to help keep you on the road, safely. Contact Us online or call us at 620.654.3445